Monday 6 January 2014

Henry Hathaway in Paris

This week a major retrospective of Henry Hathaway's films begins at Cinémathèque Française in Paris. It runs from January 8 to February 24 and it is of course very exciting, especially for me who has written quite a lot about his films. In this post I have collected links to my writings for those who want to read more, and perhaps get an idea of which films to especially look out for.

Niagara (1953) 

My first, long article about his whole career is here.
A brief follow-up to the first post is here.
My piece about Spawn of the North (1938) is here.
My most recent post, about Souls at Sea (1937), is here.

http://www.cinematheque.fr/fr/dans-salles/hommages-retrospectives/fiche-cycle/henry-hathaway,559.html

Garden of Evil (1954).

Call Northside 777 (1948)